Forum Link On Front Page Suggestion

This is where you get to tell us what you think of this site and what it could use and not use.
tris
Butterfly

Forum Link On Front Page Suggestion

Post by tris » Jan 20th, 13:22

I'm not sure how much people will come, ask a question, and go; but I'd love to think that these forums could produce a seemingly regular "community" of sorts. Would be pretty cool.

Also not sure who got the e-mail invite to the forums. Whether it was all newsletter sign-ups or just contacts who have bought the home study course.

Would it be a good idea to link to these forums from the front page? I wonder whether it would increase activity, potentially establish a stronger prospect relationship and potentially keep people coming back.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
wargamez
Site Admin

Post by wargamez » Jan 21st, 12:33

Good idea Tris.

Links will be added to get regular traffic to the forum - I think a community is very important for people involved in this type of diet.
wargamez
Site Admin

Post by wargamez » Feb 7th, 11:04

New pages will be added very shortly...links to the forum will be active aswell.
dstuder
Chrysalis

Form info

Post by dstuder » Jun 8th, 22:56

What does egg and butterly mean under each person's name?
BE HEALTHY TO RETIRE :)
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jun 9th, 00:34

That's really great to hear Marsh. Your GP sounds very honest and done-to-earth to have a bit of a look outside his profession. Stay with him! :P

dstuder: it's a little novelty program where you're given a 'status' based on the number of posts you have made. At a certain number of posts you move up a stage in the butterfly-forming process. It's just a little bit of fun, and a loose indicator of forum experience which can still respect it's about the quality, not the quantity. ;)
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
dstuder
Chrysalis

Post by dstuder » Jun 9th, 02:13

I can't seem to get the gallery to appear. I clicked on show gallery and after bit of churning and "done" appears, there is nothing. What am I missing. I do have high speed connection so that's not an issue.
dstuder
Chrysalis

two of my postings didn't appear

Post by dstuder » Jun 9th, 02:15

I submitted two postings before the "gallery" question and they didn't show even though I got the message they were posted.
????
dstuder
Chrysalis

how to choose time zone for posting replies

Post by dstuder » Jun 9th, 02:20

In "Profile" it has a list of time choices. GMT - 1 hr or + 1 hr.
What do I select to indicate Central Time or what time actually appears on the pages? like right now I'm see like 3 a.m. and it's 9:20 in Central Time.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jun 9th, 03:12

GMT is an international time ratio, not a United States one (need I make the joke that Central Time is not the centre of the world :P).

Lenexa is GMT-6 standard, and GMT-5 during your local daylight savings period.
dstuder
Chrysalis

I learned something new today

Post by dstuder » Jun 9th, 15:22

Tris - Thank you for the explanation. I love learning new things on a daily basis so I'm exercising my brain and loving it. Your joke is fine with me. I just know I'm in the middle of the US and most all the bad weather goes around my comfort zone. I feel bad for all of those who are hit hard by either FIRE, HURRICANES, FLOODING or 6 FEET OF SNOW on top of them etc.
I'm content with where I am. Love the Austrailian accent and Dundee... :lol: