Schizophrenia

Do you have a specific health related issue that you would like to discuss? This is the place for it.
uniden
Egg

Schizophrenia

Post by uniden » Jun 15th, 04:21

Hi,

I currently suffer from Schizophrenia. The symptoms that I notice the most - and the ones that have the greatest impact on my life - are the cognitive and negative symptoms. Examples of these symptoms are: disorganized thoughts; inability to connect thoughts logically; slow thinking; thoughts, behavior and actions are not integrated; lack of executive functioning skills, such as mental flexibility, task switching, etc.; lack of goal-directed behavior; flattened or 'blunted' effect; and so on. However, I have found that sometimes these symptoms are much better than usual or are non-existent. I also have a severe lack of insight into how severe my illness really is. Moreover, I lack a lot of insight into life in general.

Can an alkaline diet cure Schizophrenia? I already have a good idea of what I would eat if I went on this diet. I would probably eat a diet consisting of raw vegetables and fruits, and drink pure water as my only beverage. The vegetables and fruits that I would be eating would include avocados and potatoes - for macronutrients - so that I would not get down to a dangerously low weight.