osteoporosis

Do you have a specific health related issue that you would like to discuss? This is the place for it.
smiley
Egg

osteoporosis

Post by smiley » Jan 30th, 17:34

I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis. I have been drinking alkaline water, doing a clense, and learning about what foods to eat. Has anyone had success in seeing their bone condition turn around while using the alkaline diet?
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jan 31st, 01:52

Hi smiley! Good to have you on board.

I had a lot of knee trouble when I was younger. It wasn't bad enough to deserve any sort of diagnosis, but I knew there was degeneration there. All the sensations I had showed it.

The problem didn't completely clear up until I switched.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
spyder
Caterpillar

Post by spyder » Feb 1st, 22:16

Hi Smiley,
Glad to see you found your way here. I can't make any testimonies about rebounding from osteoporosis but seeing you here tells me you're on the right track. Research has shown a chronic acid condition brings on osteoporosis. The body is amazing how it compensates to keep us going. In cases like yours the blood has to maintain a very narrow pH level, and has robbed calcium from your bones to neutralize the effects of your acidosis. You've had your wake up call and now have to maintain a heathy regimen. There is hope my friend. In healthy individuals the bones reform themselves every ten years. Get to the proper pH state of slightly alkaline and let us know how it goes. From what I have read most calcium supplements will not get it done for you. You should try to do it with alkaline foods like broccoli,cabbage, kale and chickory. Also maintain your gut in good shape to ensure you are assimilating all the nutrients you are taking in. If your small intestine isn't working well you will not be assimilating the nutrients you need. Keep the faith and good health to you.
spyder
Caterpillar

Post by spyder » Feb 5th, 03:25

I have recently purchased a rebounder or mini trampoline as recommended by a naturopath to assist with lymphatic flow. I just read an article by Dr. Samuel West that states not only does rebounder exercises cleanse and eliminate toxins it exercises every muscle, organ, tissue and cell in your entire body, and it is recommended for osteoporosis. The gravitational pull increases bone density and muscle strength.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Feb 5th, 12:55

Ah yes good to see some talk about lymphatic flow! The lymph nodes are unable to excrete the toxic materials, unless, there is high intensive breathing or aerobic-intensive exercise. Rebounding (or for the Aussies, trampolining) is great because it recruits all muscle groups in this activity, flushing out toxins all around the body. The only activities which have this claim have said to be rebounding and jumping rope. Rebounding is much more user-friendly for this purpose.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
myc
Caterpillar

Post by myc » Mar 22nd, 04:30

Hi fleming. This subject of osteoporosis deserves as much discussion and feedback as we can generate.

Not knowing your current condition and diet and whether or not you are taking pharmaceuticals, it is hard to make comment.

You do sound like you have much pain and limited mobility. Have you had a recent bone-density test to give you current numbers?

Myself, I have seen the results of my tests,the 3rd one just recently, for the past 6 years, and the numbers have not improved. I maintain a good vegetarian diet(organic most of the time) walk ,hike, bike and exercise regularly. But have come to the realization that the body is and has been too acidic. To keep the blood's ph balanced, the bones have been giving up the calcium and keeping me in the 'osteo' classification.

I am currently working with the Naturopath to get the my ph alkalized.

My GP offered the bisphosphanate drug that your friend told you about(Fosimex?) But at this time I have chosen to correct the body chemistry and see how it goes. I do not like taking drugs as a fule. There is almost always some type of side effect from them. This one in particular can cause a lot of muscle pain, jaw ache, constipation,etc. After all you do not get something for nothing with a drug.

I must get back on my rebounder soon.

Good luck and hope you can find an improvement with your health.
Valerie
Egg

Osteoporosis

Post by Valerie » Jun 9th, 11:49

Hello - just joined site today, lots of helpful hints re osteoporoses which I have recently been diagnosed with after routine screening. No symptoms so quite a shock. Was recommended to start taking bisphosphonates immediately and chose Boniva. Doctors would tell me nothing about this drug, saying it was 'none of my concern'! So researched on the internet and decided absolutely NO WAY; will try the natural way. Hence I am looking for information on what an alkaline diet entails. Am also off to look for a rebounder (we call it a mini-trampoline here in England). So thank you for the guidance and will continue looking and searching. Good luck everyone. Valerie. :D
Valerie
albertarose
Egg

Post by albertarose » Sep 23rd, 22:18

I am starting the alkaline diet too on October 1, and hope to also use the Kangen water too. I also have osteoporosis badly. My doctor says I've lost 50% of my bones so far. I am 61 and have broken multiple bones...I am just now recovering from a broken left elbow, etc. I am also wondering how this alkaline diet will help me? Should I keep taking calcium supplements while on the alkaline diet? They have not helped me in all the years I have taken them. I also take strontium, and many trace minerals said to help osteoporosis, but my bone density keeps going down. My doctor wants me to take those bone-building drugs too but I don't think that's in my best interest, so I'm resisting that! So, I take it no one really knows if the alkaline diet will help us??
moulin85
Egg

Osteoporosis

Post by moulin85 » Sep 25th, 15:14

Hi Everyone, This is my first visit to this site so forgive me if I get it wrong!! I have recently been talking to a friend about the Acid / Alkaline situation in the body...I have looked at the websites and checked the boxes relating to what ailments I suffer from...and it seems that this may help!

I am in my 4th month post Total Hip Replacement op, I am 43...my knees click and grind too so there is definately problems and being overweight doesn't help, I know!! I have looked thru the alkaline foods and I don't see a lot in there that is easy. I am sure there is no quick fix but is there any kind of supplement that I can get from a health food shop to help reduce my acid?

I have a rebounder / trampoline in storage so if my new hip can cope, I will get it out and give it a go!

Any advice on how to get this started would be appreciated.

:) :)
jenika
Egg

Post by jenika » Jun 30th, 14:43

Osteoporosis is a disease of bones that leads to an increased risk of fracture.Osteoporosis, which means "bones, weak bones," causes are weak and brittle - so brittle that a fall or even a fracture can cause light bending or stresses like coughing. In many cases, bones weaken your bones when you have low levels of calcium and other minerals.
Genius is an immense capacity for taking trouble