GOUT

Do you have a specific health related issue that you would like to discuss? This is the place for it.
gout1
Egg

GOUT

Post by gout1 » Jun 25th, 01:07

I tried the alkaline diet 3 years ago with a 2 week live green jiuce diet, ph drops....this was stop my recurrent gount in knees, ankles, elbows, hips, toes and so on....I didnt want to go on allopurinol for life so wanted to get rid of or lower uric acid levels to rid the gout once and for all...during the juice diet followed by only alkaline foods I exprienced an attack over 2 weeks in all the joints from gout ...I was wasnt able to move at all, and eventually gave up....I am doing a detoxing and alkalising diet again as I have so many issues with the gout, and the same is happening again...a gout attack is moving from ankle to knee to toe to other knee to other ankle....I thought this would lower uric acide alot in my system, however it seems that I am dumping alot of acid in the system or my body is reacting to the detox/alkaline diet badly....has anyone had a similar experience or know why my body is reacting so badly to this diet....maybe I meant to eat acidic foods ie blood type? Should I perservere with the pain and not being able to walk without crutches to get rid of it, or am I severely damaging my joints, kidneys doing this....please help!!
Gopisvara
Butterfly

Post by Gopisvara » Jun 25th, 05:38

Alkaline items will neutralize acids so they can be elimninated. Were you having at least two eliminations a day? And were you drinking enough pure water ( An ounce per half your body weight)?
gout1
Egg

Post by gout1 » Jun 25th, 07:28

Thanks for the reply...I was drinking about 5-6 liters of alkalised water per day...2 eliminations?? what is this? It seems or feels like I am alkalising my blood but my body is dumping a heap of acid into it to neutralise the imbalance between alkalised blood and acidic tissue/muscle/organ...I may be wrong, but I am frustrated at the total lack of information on side effects or physiological issues associated with believing Youngs theories when I seem to destroy my body each time I try it. It seems everyone that does it has the usual detox flu like symptoms, then its all great from there as energy goes up and weight comes off....I am sure many have plenty of side effects with alkalising the body like this...has anyone experienced similar effects or issues when starting or doing the alkalising system...
gipper
Butterfly

gout

Post by gipper » Jun 25th, 23:44

gout1--have you measured your saliva and urine pH's? This might give you an idea as to what is happening? Have you had your uric acid levels checked to see how high they are? Also, you should have a live blood analysis done. I would also try to contact the Robert Young Research Institute and see if they can give you an answer.
Gopisvara
Butterfly

Post by Gopisvara » Jun 26th, 00:30

Yeah,it would be interesting to see what your ph is,particularly urine. If you don't have at least two eliminations via the colon a day,then you will reabsorb the acids that you want to eliminate.

The blood will stay within a narrow range of ph by taking minerals from other parts of the body. When there are no more alkaline minerals in reserve,only then will the blood get more acidic. That is a serious condition. By introducing more alkaline minerals into the body, we neutralize and pass from the body the acids that are causing so much trouble.

I hope this makes it a little clearer.
orchard
Caterpillar

Post by orchard » Jun 26th, 10:10

I saw a programme about someone detoxing, to get rid of gout. The doctor stressed to the person, they must not come off medication while first changing diet, or detoxing, because the die off will cause terrible attacks of gout.

You are best to gradually eat more alkalizing foods and gradually come off your medication.

Hope this helps.
monkdds4
Egg

Gout

Post by monkdds4 » Jun 28th, 17:44

Gout 1, I too have been a gout sufferer. I have found what the previous poster is saying has been true for me. In fact, for me, any change in diet can cause a gout attack. If I lose weight I get an attack. If I gain weigh I get an attack. I imagine the same is true for the alkaline diet. I plan to stick to the diet even though I might get the occational attack. Someone suggested that our baseline ph will need to be more alkaline before we can expect much in the way of results. To attain these results will take a lot of dedication to the program. What I am looking for is imporovement in my quality of life, so I am pretty motivated right now. As you well know, living with joint pain can be debilitating and frustrating. Keep trying Gout1. I really think we are on the right track.
Doug
gipper
Butterfly

gout

Post by gipper » Jun 29th, 15:15

Plausible explanation is that alkaline detoxing draws the uric acid from your tissues for elimination by the kidneys.
However, if the kidneys have stones or aren't real efficient in eliminating the uric acid, it will end up in your joints. Also, some vegetables (cauliflower, lentils, beans) can cause uric acid.
dabishop
Egg

Uric Acid Removal

Post by dabishop » Jul 27th, 03:08

Hi. I suffered from Gout up to Feb 2007 which is when I found out that gout is only a symptom of an alkaline mineral defiencywithin the body.
When I first went onto alkaline forming mineral suppliments I thought the same as you as I had what appeared to be the biggest gout attack ever, but with the knowedge that I was doing right I persisted and about 2 weeks later (for me) the uric acid effects started to subside and I have been felling better and better every day now for the last 5 months. Keep taking the allopurinol (zyloprim) until you start to feel better and I found that Colgout tablets helped with the elimination of the uric acid as well. I have now been off gout meds now for the last 5 months and I am feeling great. I have been reading that every one says pure water but the only water I drink since I started alkalising is water with apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and I still drink it now.
I hope this helps you.
Alkalising Minerals
and
Scalar Energy
Equals
Best of Health
Jack and gout
Egg

GOUT ATTACK AFTER ALKALISING

Post by Jack and gout » Aug 20th, 04:37

I had the exact same intense attack after starting alkaline and My MD said that the crystals in t ejoints flare up when they move out of the joints which is whats happening. makes a lot of sense
mgangso
Egg

Post by mgangso » Nov 9th, 18:40

One more thing that helps if you are having a gout attack. I dont know if you have tried but try drinking 4 ounces of black cherry juice 2 times a day. This really helps to relieve or take away the gout attacks. Good luck.
jodarby
Caterpillar

Gout attack

Post by jodarby » Jan 7th, 15:00

I am currently having another gout attack... I have changed my diet rather drastically since I started to study the alkaline diet. To look at my diet now for most people would say there is no real change. But if people knew how and what I ate before they would see a difference.

I just got over a gout flare-up last week (just before I started studying the alkaline diet). A normal one, in my toe.

Now it's in my ankle, I've never had gout in my ankle, but it's here now!

After reading the posts above, some comments say the change in diet, or a sudden change in diet, etc. can lead to a flare up. I'm beginning to agree with that.

My question would be: To me, I've already made major changes to my diet and probably have thrown my system into a tizzy... Should I continue with my current diet changes (continue making changes), put my diet changes on hold until my body catches up (making no further changes but staying where it is right now), or start over and gradually work my way back up?

I've had doctors try to tell me gout isn't hereditary but I disagree: My mother had gout as did her father and his father. I believe it is. I've had gout since I was 18, I'm 40 now. My granddad started getting gout inhis later years. My mother started getting it about her late 40's - early 50's. I started getting it at 18. I worry that my sons will inherit this #$^%$%@%@&%# to.

They tell us we can't eat certain foods. Foods that are otherwise good for us, we can't have because they are bad for us. Beans, Lentils, Legumes, greens, (they used to tell my mother stay away from greens and beans especially) now it's asparagus, spinach, dark greens what they tell me... and of course meats, organ meats, fish, shrimp LOL the list goes on and on... is there a pill we can take that will give us the nutrients we need so we don't have to eat. OMG! Our bodies create uric acid as it breaks down purines. Purines are found in all of our cells. Everything! A few things have a higher concentration. Uric acid is a naturally occurring thing we have to have to prevent damage to blood vessel linings, an antioxidant.

I've just learned that oatmeal has high purine levels! I've been eating a lot of oatmeal lately for breakfast... OK! fine oatmeal is out now too!

Another thing I have done in the past: I went for 2 years without a flare-up eating lots of bananas..... daily.... 3-5 bananas a day...... then my wife and I went on a cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles, not one banana on that boat! I ate shrimp after shrimp all things I wasn't supposed to eat.... Not one banana... I got my first gout-break in 2 years just after we got back home.

I've had so many bananas i can't stand to see one that has brown spots on it.... it has to be fresh, just yellowed... any brown I can't bring my self to stomach it.

As for the cherry juice: it didn't work for me. Doctors were telling me to drink it. My mother also tried it but it didn't work for her either.

Bananas.

The theory is: the potassium in bananas breaks down the uric acid crystals, making them liquid again so we can pass the uric acid out... but the cycle remains if our kidneys are overloaded and can't handle the amount of uric acid along with it's other duties. So we eat more bananas and keep it liquid, or keep it from settling so we can continue to pass it.

It seemed to have worked from me for 2 years, but like I said after we got off that ship it hit me and I've had it 3 times since. So, I know I've got to make changes... which brings up my question again: Should I continue with my current diet changes (continue making changes), put my diet changes on hold until my body catches up (making no further changes but staying where it is right now), or start over and gradually work my way back up?

Sorry for the rant.
Joey
jodarby
Caterpillar

On another note

Post by jodarby » Jan 7th, 15:06

This last week with the exception of the gout, I have been feeling great! Energetic and ready to go! I have been waking up each morning for the last few days just raring to go. I've been feeling awesome. And I've lost 10 lbs since I started changing my diet. (in one week) This could trigger my gout to... but I'm feeling great anyway.... even with the gout...
Joey
dc240969
Egg

Re: GOUT

Post by dc240969 » Aug 10th, 13:51

I may have Gout. Blood test showed a level of 750. l wasnt given any meds except pain killers. The 'flare' was in my right big toe. But since the start of the year l have been having sore ekbows, continuously, sore feet to the point of hardly able to walk and have to stand for a moment when l stand up of a chair. l have to go back and get another test when lm back home to see what the level is. l am trying to keep and eye on what lm eating so l can tell what made the flare. But this problem with the knees and elbows is there all the time, so does that mean l have gout all the time. l doing a lot of research and this is what brought me here. Its very difficult for me as l am working in Angola and its hard to find low purine food stuffs. The only thing lm able to do is drink plenty water and a supply of coconut water. lve read that coconut oil is good for gout but havent found any here.