psoriasis

Do you have a specific health related issue that you would like to discuss? This is the place for it.
nnaeiggam
Egg

psoriasis

Post by nnaeiggam » Mar 22nd, 21:38

hi I am a psoriasis sufferer and have tried everything to get rid of this horrible skin problem.Have been on the alkaline programme for about
15 days and not sure if there really is an improvement.
anyone else out there with same.
cheers :?
gipper
Butterfly

re:healthnut

Post by gipper » Mar 28th, 22:16

It sounds like your daughter is allergic to many things. According to Young, this could be due to an over acidic condition--in which case improving her alkalinity may help. Also, research work by Dr Cordain. His work shows that grains(high glycemic foods) contribute to many skin conditions. Hope this helps.
rhea
Butterfly

Post by rhea » Mar 29th, 03:03

You probably already have done this, but just in case...
In Chiropractic school(I wasn't able to finish, so I am not a physician) I was taught that hydrogenated oils are often the cause of this. They are chemically closer to petrolem products than the things they substitute for(butter, lard) I quit using them years ago and many skin problems cleared up, including a small patch of psorisis on my face.
My husband had a patch also. It went away , but came back when he was cross country driving and ate in resturants a lot of the time.

Oils that are liquid at your body temp are the only ones that are safe, and these are necessary for many bodily functions.

I wish you and your daughter wellness.
rhea
Butterfly

Post by rhea » Mar 29th, 13:34

The olive spread? Just read the label, it will tell you. It may be quite good. You can test it by holding a bit in your hand (or hers) five to ten minutes. It is a scientific experiment, very visual.
We actually use butter. It is liquid at body temp. But not so much of it. When I am feeling energetic, I mix it 2/1 with evoo. Also drizzle my bread with evoo. Family hasn't caught on to this one yet. Biggest source of hydrogenated oils for us is the school lunch, and commercial baked goods. This is in the process of changing here.
Buckwheat is actually a seed. I like the cream of white buckwheat. The toasted tasets bad to me, but it is good stufffor us. I'm not so familiar with quinoa. Sorry.
I'd let there be some easter chocolate. The bad emotions of being left out can be harmful, too. Good chocolate is liquid at body temperature, at least. Still full of sugar, but easter is a day to celebrate, and kiddos celebrate with sugar. Gotta go!
cherie5
Egg

Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis

Post by cherie5 » May 30th, 15:22

I have Psoriasis & psoriatic arthritris. My type of psoriasis is called genralized erythrodermic psoriasis. My body is covered on 95%, my body is red alover, appearing like a boiled lobster. I am working with Dr John Pagano's book healing psoriasis. Just beginnning. Has anyone one cured themselves either by medicine or holistic or both. If so, how did you do it! Please reply! Thank you!
gipper
Butterfly

psoriasis

Post by gipper » May 30th, 21:44

Cherie 5 ---note my prior posts on this subject. There is no one magic bullet. Bottom line is your body's toxin level has exceeded its ability to rid these toxins and they are settling in your joints and your skin is being used as a last resort to eliminate them.
plasmagic
Butterfly

Post by plasmagic » May 31st, 05:01

i just had buckwheat pancake for breakfast today, and yes it is consider seed but eat it like grain. i had severe eczema, it got worsen over the years, when i had a flare up is like 90% of my surface area been scaled except my scalp, bottom of my foot n palm, dealin with the dryness as well it can tore my skin apart especially at the joint area, or i cant do 3 hours without moisturise, n my doctor had always givin me problem if i ask for more moisturiser, i gave up applyin steroid cream cause wats the point applyin when i get flare everytime (it doent stop the flare from comin but my skin will get thinner) n how do i apply it 90% of me,
stopped takin anymore steroid jabs n immuno suppresant drug(which i had it for 5 months causin me alot of infection) 2 months ago being drinkin 5 litres of alkaline water daily, cooking my own vege, i admit i was a meat eater not easy but i did force my self to cut down convertin my meal 80%, i actually had stopped moisturising myself i felt some improvement. These 2 months my mind is all about alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline alkaline
mae2mac
Egg

Psoriasis

Post by mae2mac » Sep 21st, 23:53

I had started drinking a green drink and I'm breaking out with more places. And I was just started to clear up a little bit. I don't see how anyone can drink these drinks. This is my second can and from a different company. I was under the impression that if I started to eat a moke alkaline diet it would help my psoriasis.
mikaela
Egg

psoriasis

Post by mikaela » Oct 7th, 15:48

this is an autoimmune problem. you probably wont see an improvement for several months. The whole body needs to cleanse, make new cells, etc. Have you heard of ozonated olive oil? This has helped many people with psoriasis
eagle2
Egg

Psoriasis

Post by eagle2 » Jan 4th, 04:26

I have psoriasis to 10% of my body. Although I suffer psoriasis currently, about 2 years ago I completely rid myself of all signs of psorisis after suffering it for 20 years.
I did it by eating and drinking nothing but greens. Sounds horrible, eh. It was!!! I was frustrated but pig-headedly determined to rid myself of this problem. I think it was about 30 days of eating broccolli and green leafy stuff and juicing lettuce and silver beet.
The first thing to happen was my poos went green and yellow; then I started losing weight; then my psoriasis started changing - looking more scaly but less red; then the patches turned into rings - i.e. healing from the inside out; then they became like a darker patch of skin (barely noticeable; then they were all gone - smooth, normal skin!!! I celebrated with cakes, chippies etc... In other words I have psoriasis again.
I don't know I could do the diet again. It was so bad at one stage, I almost passed out (through low blood sugar I guess). Hopefully, alkalising will be a less severe way to get thereabouts.
However, I think with psoriasis, it takes more than just following the advice given in the alkaline diet. I think it also requires lots and lots of fresh leafy greens, very few carbs and fats. (i.e. lots of salad, very very small amounts of fruit, no bread, nuts or potatoes). I think even healthy fats should be reduced (but definitely not eliminated as they are vital). i.e. get them from a natural source like avocado, but not from oils.

I hope this info helps give you some ideas. As I'm not prepared to deny myself at meal time to that extent again, my next step is to follow the advice from the alkaline diet and to see how I go. However, it's interesting to note that I cleared my psoriasis without using things like super greens or organic foods. But I did use bottled spring water because I don't trust tap water.

Feel free to ask me for more details if you like, as I am proud of what I accomplished and am willing to go into details for anyone willing to listen.

Good luck - Steve
eagle2
Egg

Psoriasis

Post by eagle2 » Jan 5th, 00:10

Wow. Thanks, Ceci. Knowing that others are taking an interest may 'fire me up' to succeed again.

I pursued the 'greens diet' because I combined the ideas of 3 different diets I had tried.

I had been following the blood type diet. B4 that it was Dr Robert E. Connolly 's "Psoriasis Can Be Cured" and b4 that I was following Cynthea G Sabolich's "Psoriasis Spot Free in 30 Days". I've noticed some criticism of Cynthea's book on the internet lately, but I believe she was sincere, and that's where I got the main theme for my diet. Her book was informative and a real eye opener about what we put into our mouths. But I was not succeeding by her diet alone.

In the end, I cross referenced the 3 diets and walked away with the common ingredients that each diet shared. Unfortunately, it was limited to low-carb vegetables and nothing else. Having also read somewhere that green leafy vegetables were crucial to beating psoriasis, I bit the bullet and went all out on green salads with steamed broccolli. The idea of juicing greens came from something else i read about people having success from eliminating solids and juicing everything.

But the final ingredient to my success was something I'm finding hard to reproduce - determination!! Yes I was literally at war with psoriasis and my body. I hated having psoriasis so much that I could walk away from the meal not feeling satisfied and I would lay the blame on my body for not working properly. It felt like I was removed from my body and I was punishing it for being bad. While I can keep my psoriasis 'manageable' I'll never recapture that level of determination.

I am a craver and a binge eater by design. I am and always have been very underweight and consequently I've always eaten until very full and I've eaten a lifetime of takeaways and desserts. Psoriasis was my first sign that I am killing myself. Even knowing that, it wouldn't stop the 'feedings'. HOWEVER - I have beaten my sugar cravings doing the alkaline diet. Even though I'm new (and I haven't started properly yet) just drinking all the water and eating better has stopped me thinking about topping up with biscuits and takeaways. Wish me luck getting started!!

Perhaps beating psoriasis is about patience and finding what works for you.
victormist
Egg

psoriasis, and just about any other disease!

Post by victormist » Jan 29th, 09:43

Hello, without going into particulars, there was one man who was able to fully heal psoriasis: the psychic healer EDGAR CAYCE of Virginia Beach. There is much literature on this man available and may followers, because he was able to (through readings) heal anything. He specialized in "hopeless cases." Whatever sickness one has, one should consult his works.
I also like to help people.
tom1980
Caterpillar

Post by tom1980 » Feb 6th, 02:35

Hi All,

I have been a moderate sufferer of psoriasis 4 years and mid 2006 i started taking methotrexate as this was the only way i could find a quick fix and to get back to being normal again, im now at a stage where im secure in work/life etc. and have decided to come off methotrexate and completely cleanse my body too once and for all see if a green raw diet works.

i have psoriasis on my elbows, not a huge amount as i was taking the methotrexate and have stopped taking it this week. Ive taken eagle2's advice and have started a very similiar diet 3 days ago to what he/she was on which consists of:
- lettuce
- spinach (aka silver beet)
- carrots
- cucumbers
- mushrooms
- avocado
- sprouts
- filtered water (at least 2 litres a day, most likely more)
- broccoli
- celery
- fresh beetroot (not out of a tin)

Im eating all of these foods raw (however im not juicing them as eagle2 was) except for the beetroot/spinach/broccoli which im boiling. Im also applying extra virgin olive oil to my affected areas in the afternoons after work and wrapping my elbows in glad wrap at night so when i sleep i dont ruin my bed sheets.

For the first 15 days im also cleansing my bowel by using a bowel cleansing kit called 'super bowel cleansing kit' as ive constantly read that the bowel needs to be cleansed in order to beat psoriasis.

This is my fourth day and so far ive noticed that the itching has virtually stopped. Im thinking come around the 15 day mark i may start to see improvement, what that is im not sure but ill post another reply around this time as 4 days isnt enough to see any significant improvement...

Please feel free to critique what im doing and advise if there is anything else i should be doing to erradicate and control my psoriasis...

Cheers.
plasmagic
Butterfly

Post by plasmagic » Feb 6th, 06:37

Tom, i guess you and eagle's story encourage me, i am also eatin onli a
green vege diet. i started for about 1 week and i am always thinking if i am doing the right thing. i also consider to do a colonic which i stil decidin on due to the price. so currently i am doin enemas and salt flush other alternative to flush out the staff but might not be effective then doing a colonic.

i followed my diet through phmiracleliving.com but i nv use any expensive product, basically my diet is all greens which i steamed lightly and few tbsp of olive n grapeseed oil, but without mushroom which i heard is fungus n beetroot n carrot cause of the high sugar content, and i am also drinkin structured water from my machine.

hope we can encourage each other through the process, hopefully it doesnt take me too long to see result
tom1980
Caterpillar

Post by tom1980 » Feb 6th, 22:15

Cheers for that plasmagic, ill get rid of mushrooms out of my diet. Yeah im pretty keen to see this through until about the 15th of March...after that if I dont see any results whatsoever ill seriously consider going back on methotrexate for another year or so...

Also heres just a thought, im thinking bodyweight or body fat might have something to do with it? Cause the less you weigh the less toxins that are in your body??? Or is this the wrong way to think?

Ive lost quite a bit of weight already, 6 kilograms in all but im guessing this is mostly water and possibly some stuff sitting in my bowel...

aminahcc, i eat carrot raw, but yes i have been cooking the spinach and brocolli, any ideas as to why its not good for you to boil these vegetables? Im going to introduce 1 juice meal a day as well, im thinking of a carrot juice or a combination of lettuce/avocado/spinach all raw with a touch of water to liquify the juice so its easier to drink. Any other ideas on juicing?

Cheers