MASTER SOURCE for alk/acid foods list (or database)??

We ask members not to use affiliate links in the forum, but realized that some of the products being recommended may help fellow members. If you have any products you'd like to recommend put them here - Affiliate links welcome.
puddlediva
Chrysalis

MASTER SOURCE for alk/acid foods list (or database)??

Post by puddlediva » Mar 11th, 08:17

Hi

since I am sure we have all found discrepancies between different charts and lists of acid-forming and alkaline foods, I am wondering if anyone out there has a recommended resource. ~~My dream is that there is an online database somewhere, and you can type in the food, and it will tell you the varying alk/acid levels for all ways that food can be eaten/modified (raw, cooked, etc...)!! Yes, a dream (unless someone wants to start it... might be a good little business idea with a few ads on the page! :D )

But until that dream comes true, any trusted and comprehensive sources out there? What are your favorites or most useful?
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Mar 11th, 17:30

Hmm that's actually a nice idea. As someone who hopes to follow in Michael's footsteps in some way, maybe I should pursue that idea... Hmm yes... There wouldn't be a huge market, but relatively it wouldn't be a difficult product to package.

With pursuits of "master" and "comprehensive", I personally find it best to shop around for your values. There's lots of people who publish about this stuff and totally miss the point (it's still baffling how many acid-alkaline writers don't look beyond "oh green apple, citric acid! pH 2.0! eep!"). The best site for you depends on what you're looking for - some sites have a lot of foods, but lump them into "acid-forming" and "alkaline-forming"; while others have lesser foods but go into more detail about them. That's why I wouldn't really point out one specific one. What I do is Google "acid alkaline [food]" and find the site that tells you what you need to know the best. After doing that on a case-by-case basis 10-12 times, it's very surprising how quickly you'll get to know the good quality tables out there on the Web.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
puddlediva
Chrysalis

Post by puddlediva » Mar 11th, 18:47

This is great information. I thank you.
puddlediva
Chrysalis

and another resource for that idea...

Post by puddlediva » Mar 11th, 18:50

if you check out nutritiondata .com. you can get an idea of what I was referring to.. Very informative, many graphic references for things like "full factor" "Inflammatory response" etc... but while there may be some correlations between these sets of data and acid/alkaline information, there is no a/a info on this site for their listed foods. You could consider providing this info as an add-on to them for their site, and if you wanted a partner in this endeavor, we should chat :) I think it could be great!
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jul 3rd, 03:44

The electrolyte content of bananas metabolise the fructose sugar into pottasium bicarbonate, which is pH14. So bananas are usually pretty high up around pH8-12 depending,
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
LJ
Caterpillar

Acid?/Alkaline?

Post by LJ » Jul 29th, 16:13

I guess what I'm curious about is HOW Michael has decided what foods belong into what category. Did he do tests of some sort? How: by the reaction in the body? by the acidity of foods? By knowing some of how different foods react, such as sugars feeding acid forming microforms. Another detail that gets to me is he seems to have been to some very poor slaughter places. I'm not saying they do not exist by the way I've seen both.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Aug 1st, 23:11

Milk is alkaline, meat is alkaline. It doesn't mean these things won't form acid in your body.

That is unfortunately why that approach would not work in a lot of cases.
grandmajan
Egg

masterlist acid/alk foods

Post by grandmajan » Sep 4th, 02:28

Tris, you state bananas are pH 8-12, yet the AcidAlkalineDiet chart shows ripe bananas as moderately acid and unripe bananas and mildly alkaline. I have found difference of opinion to be true of many foods. They are listed as opposites on different lists, so which ones do we believe? I really am trying to do this correctly, but without accurate information, it is not possible.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Sep 4th, 03:59

In all honesty, while I would recommend a lot of information in Michael's home-study course, the food charts is something I would recommend avoiding. His charts raise a lot of questions, and go against a lot of explanation we currently know. He is unfortunately not contactable anymore.
morningsun7
Chrysalis

Food charts

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 13:17

So is it safe to say if I follow a diet of mostly lots of alkaline water, vegetables and fruits, and avoid red meats, caffeine, processed flours and sugars and get exercise and rest I am headed in the right direction?

Also, so many people have done a cleanse. If I do not do this, can I still get great results by making the other changes?
morningsun7
Chrysalis

Thanks

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 13:56

Thank you so much for the support.

Yesterday I was ready to order The Master Cleanse and start next week, but then I started reading the side affects that many people have and it scared me. My job does not allow me to spend most of my day in the bathroom being I run this small store alone most days, so I do not know how I would do it. I really would like to. So many people seem to get sick with the cleanse and I can not take time off of work. Maybe you can give me your honest opinion. I know the side affects are different for each individual.
morningsun7
Chrysalis

Cleanse

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 14:22

I will surely check into it. Thanks for all your help.
morningsun7
Chrysalis

Plumb Perfect

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 14:42

Dear Aminahcc,

I do not see the one called Plumb Perfect online. Could it be also known by another name?
morningsun7
Chrysalis

Plumb Perfect

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 14:56

On the website you just gave me I do not see where it says what the kit actually is. Is it just pills to take?
morningsun7
Chrysalis

hannasherbshop.com

Post by morningsun7 » Oct 16th, 16:32

I just found out you can still get the "Plumb Perfect" Cleanse from hannas herb shop but it is now called "Bowel Cleanse Kit" and sells online at that website for $49.99. She said years ago it was called "Plumb Perfect"

I may just well give it a try. She said NO side affects.