Alkalizing Desserts

Do you have an alkaline recipe that you want to share? Other member's would love to see it!
wargamez
Site Admin

Alkalizing Desserts

Post by wargamez » Jan 19th, 07:12

Stuffed Figs
Ingredients:

1. 10 dried figs
2. 1/4 cup shredded or ground coconut
3. 10 tsp. raw almond butter
4. 10 whole pecans

Preparation:

Split the pitted figs and fill them with almond butter. Roll in the cocunut and press the pecans on top. That's it! :)

Carob Nut Log
Ingredients:

1. 1 cut raw almonds, soaked 1 hr, drained & rinsed
2. 2 cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked 1 hr, drained & rinsed
3. 1 cup organic raisins, soaked in 1 cup water
4. 1 cup raw walnuts
5. 1 cup raw carob powder
6. Shredded coconut for ganishing
7. Chopped nuts (optional)

Preparation: Put the soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, and raisins in a food processor with a little water, and process it until it becomes smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients. You'll need to adjust the sweetness to your liking as you add the raw carob powder. Once the whole things is smooth, roll the mixture on a flat surface so it binds to form a log. Frost it with the St. Patty's Frosting (see the next recipes). Garnish with the shredded coconut. Enjoy! :)

St. Patty's Frosting
Ingredients:

1. 1 cup organic green raisins, soaked
2. 1 cup alkaline water for soaking
3. 1 ripe avocado
4. 3 tbsp raw honey or organic maple syrup to taste (optional)
5. 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6. 1/2 cup raw carob powder (or more if you like)

Preparation: Soak the green raisins in the alkaline water for an hour. Pour the water into your food processor, and using the "S" blade, blend the avocado, and honey together. Gradually add the vanilla extract and the carob powder (last). You'll need to adjust the sweetness to your liking as you add the raw carob powder. Once thoroughly blended, use it to frost your Carob Nut Log! YUM!

Live Apple Pie
Ingredients:

1. 1 cup ground raw walnuts
2. 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in alkaline water for 15 min
3. 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 20 min, drained & rinsed
4. 4 cups shredded apples (any variety)
5. 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
6. 1/2 cup fresh apple juice
7. 1/2 cup shredded coconut for garnishing
8. 2/3 cup raisins, dried figs, or prunes (your choice!)

Preparation: Using a food processor, mix 2/3 of the shredded coconuts, all of the walnuts, dates, and sunflower seeds until it's well-mixed. Once smooth enough, press the mixture into a pie shell to make your crust. Set aside for now. Place the grated apples in a large mixing bowl. Blend the cinnamon, apple juice and raisins together, and pour it over the grated apples. Mix thoroughly to form your apple filling. Fill the pie crust with the apple filling and garnish it with more shredded coconut. Serve or refrigerate for later. If well-covered, it should keep for 2 days in your fridge.

California Fig Smoothie
Ingredients:

1. 5 dried or fresh figs
2. 4 cups fresh apple juice
3. 1/2 mango
4. 1/2 avocado
5. 1/4 cup ground flax meal
6. 2 tbsp flax seed oil
7. Coconut butter to taste
8. Ice cubes as needed

Preparation: If you're using dried figs, soak them in alkaline water (enough to cover them) for at least 30 minutes. Put everything in the blender and blend on high speed for 3 min (if using dried figs) or 2 min (if using fresh figs). You'll need to adjust the number of ice cubes and the amount of coconut butter to your taste. Is this better than Sunny-Delight or what! ;)
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jan 22nd, 13:28

You're making me hungry!

I'm going to make a few of these soon, and I'll be sure to take photos.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
gimmethegreens
Caterpillar

Post by gimmethegreens » Jan 25th, 17:16

Coconut "Ice Cream''

1 can coconut milk in bowl
add a few drops of stevia (to taste)
dash of vanilla extract
handful of shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
-mix well and refrigerate. It hardens, sort of like ice cream. One scoop is extremely rich and filling! I've made it with or without chewy shredded coconut. This is very quick, easy and simple!

(I have also added slivered almonds for variey)
Stay Healthy!! Stay Green!!
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jan 28th, 05:44

If you want the "creamy" style of ice-cream, you can blend in some tofu cakes and pour the mix into an ice-cream/yoghurt/sorbet-maker. I've often just blended up soy milk, tofu, honey and a bit of vanilla essence and I can't really tell the difference.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
Gopisvara
Butterfly

Post by Gopisvara » Jan 28th, 19:06

Also, you might want to add bananas to some of these recipes,since they are always alkaline,if they are ripe. :D
sinker
Egg

alkaline water?

Post by sinker » Mar 25th, 12:03

I am new to the alkaline diet, but I am convinced it is the way to good health. Can anyone tell me a realistic way to obtain alkaline water? I can't afford a $2,000 mcahine, and adding baking soda to water doesn't sound very appetizing. I have seen some tasteless drops that can be added to water from the author of the PH miracle diet. Anyone familiar with those?
Thanks
plasmagic
Butterfly

Post by plasmagic » Jun 25th, 12:41

i had hard time gettin fresh coconut, when i buy them they r spoilt when i squeeze the juice, i experience this a few times, then i went to get a unopened coconut n experience spoilt one as well, need to get a trusted indian store, my country is hot tats y they r spoilt so fast, i wounld buy from supermarket as they r stored some time,

simply get a ice cream stick like mould, pour coconut in keep in freezer, n u get to eat a thick rich sweet coconut ice cream wooooho~~
plasmagic
Butterfly

Post by plasmagic » Jun 27th, 09:16

don not mix ur coconut water, use onli the freshly squeeze coconut milk, its aready creamy freezin, i either somtime put ice cream on my bread.. woho
chal4oye
Egg

Re: Alkalizing Desserts

Post by chal4oye » Jan 15th, 10:54

You might want to add bananas to some of these recipes,since they are always alkaline,if they are ripe. :D