Alkaline recipes from signup?

Do you have an alkaline recipe that you want to share? Other member's would love to see it!
SandyD
Egg

Alkaline recipes from signup?

Post by SandyD » Jan 19th, 05:22

Where can I get the recipes from after signing up?

Sandy
wargamez
Site Admin

Post by wargamez » Jan 19th, 05:26

Super Simple Smoothie

Ingredients:

½ blender of fresh, raw apple cider, or nut milk

¼ cup flax seed, ground to a fine meal

1 teaspoon cinnamon

½ cups berries: blueberries, blackberries, cherries, or raspberries (slightly acidic, so it’s optional)

1 avocado

1 heaping teaspoon SuperGreens, or your favorite green powder

3 heaping tablespoons fresh bee pollen

1 tablespoon lecithin liquid, or granules

3 tablespoons flax seed oil, or white coconut butter

1 tablespoon raw, organic honey (slightly acidic, so optional)

Pinch Celtic sea salt or Real Salt

Preparation:

Grind the flax seeds along with cinnamon in a coffee grinder and set aside. Fill your blender with the raw apple cider, or nut milk. Add all other ingredients and turn blender on low until the mixture is moving smoothly. Then blend well on high for 2 minutes until creamy. That's it! :) Makes a meal for 2, or a snack for 4.

Spicy Thai Almond Sauce

Ingredients:

1 ½ cup organic sprouted almonds, or ½ cup raw almond butter

¼ cup cold-pressed oil (grapeseed or peanut oil are best)

1 tablespoons Bragg’s Aminos

1 teaspoon cayenne powder

1 fresh garlic clove, crushed

Preparation:

Soak almond spouts overnight and sprout 5 days. Grind sprouted almonds lightly in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and grind well. Serve over long strip of zucchini, or on a crunchy green salad with cucumbers. Enjoy! :)

Warm Soul Soup

Ingredients:

1 package dried seaweed, about 2 ounces

2 cups alkaline water

1 cake (about 6 ounces) unpasteurized tofu

2 tablespoons unpasteurized miso, any type (slightly acidic, so optional)

2 tablespoons fresh ginger, crushed

½ cup scallions, chopped

¼ cup lemon juice, fresh-squeezed

Preparation:

Soak seaweed for 15 minutes in the alkaline water. Put tofu, miso, ginger, and soak water in a blender and blend. Stir in the remaining ingredients and warm in a pot over very low heat for a few minutes. The temperature should never be so high that when you put your finger into the soup, it feels too hot. Serve warm. Should make about 2 bowls... YUM!

Jenny's Lentil Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups celery, minced

1 tablespoon raw sesame tahini

5 cups lentil sprouts (most lentils found in ordinary stores won’t sprout)

¼ cup raw almond butter

4 tablespoons olive oil

½ cup alkaline water

3 tablespoons Bragg's Aminos

1 red pepper, chopped

2 green onions with tops, minced

2 teaspoons kelp (optional)

Preparation:

Soak lentils overnight and sprout for 2 days, rinsing them 2-3 times a day. It takes about 3 cups of dry lentils to make 5 cups of sprouts. Make your dressing by blending the almond butter, olive oil, and alkaline water in blender until smooth. Chop the lentil sprouts in a food processor and put them in a large bowl. Now add all other ingredients, and pour the almond butter mixture over it. Stir the mixture well and chill for several hours in refrigerator before serving. You can use this as a salad or as a sandwich spread. If you feel more creative, stuff the mixture in avocado havles and drizzle with your favorite dressing. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! :)

California Apple Tart Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cucumbers, or ½ bunch celery

2 hard Granny Smith apples (OK, so this one's not too alkalizing, but it's so yummy! Just make the cucumbers BIG! ;)

1 head kale, about 7 leaves

1 lemon, yellow skin removed, white pith intact

Preparation:

I saved the best for last! This one is sooooo simple to make: Juice everything and enjoy! ;)

I wouldn't let this one sit around, so only make as much as you're going to drink right away.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Jan 19th, 16:46

Were you after the link, Sandy?

If so, Michael's team would be able to take care of that.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
Sandy
Egg

Recipes

Post by Sandy » Jan 19th, 17:11

I'm confused - the recipes posted include fruit and fruit juices. How can these be alkaline?
ted
Butterfly

Post by ted » Jan 19th, 19:28

I'm also confused because the recipes mix fruit with other categories of food. I thought this was a no-no.
tris
Butterfly

Re: Recipes

Post by tris » Jan 20th, 03:24

Sandy wrote:I'm confused - the recipes posted include fruit and fruit juices. How can these be alkaline?
The pH diet does not look at the food as much as what the food produces within the body. Despite the high amounts of sugar and citric acid found in fruit, these components are metabolised into pottasium bicarbonate - a highly alkaline mineral.

--
ted wrote:I'm also confused because the recipes mix fruit with other categories of food. I thought this was a no-no.
Ideally, it is indeed a no-no. These recipes aren't necesarily a textbook for alkaline living which follows all the rules. One does not need to follow all the rules in order to reap benefits, simply using these predominantly alkaline ingredients will produce benefits sufficient for many people's expectations of their body. Personally I would probably avoid that very combination because I know I will pay for it later. The beauty of this method of diet, is that you get to decide how far you would like to take it!

I would guess that these recipes are aimed more at enjoying delicious, generally healthy, food. Also, being able to blend in with others during special occasions such as birthdays and Christmas, or just eating with other people on the "Western diet" at all (one of the hardest things about doing this).
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
Gopisvara
Butterfly

Post by Gopisvara » Jan 28th, 03:10

I noticed Bragg's Aminos in some of the recipes. I used this for many years until I heard about ''Excitotoxins,the Taste That Kills" a book by Russell Blaylock,an eminent neurosurgeon.Ingredients such as MSG,texturized vegetable protein,natural flavors,yeast extract etc.etc. which are in almost all packaged foods in regular grocery stores and many in health food stores are excitotxins.That means they enhance the taste of foods at the expense of killing brain cells. Liquid Aminos is one such item,the sodium combining with the amino acid glutamate to form MSG. Everything tastes better with Aminos on it,but not without a steep price.

MSG is used in MOST restaurants,not just Chinese.These are businesses and must compete in order to survive.

Google "excitotoxins" and be prepared to be shocked. ':('
Henrythile
Caterpillar

Alkaline recipes from signup

Post by Henrythile » Mar 21st, 12:05

Hello Everyone,

My question concerns the recipes from Brew Your Own Magazine. Are they the ones published available already to use via the Beer Smith Program? or do I need to add them into the data base as my own recipes?

Thank You in advance...

Brew On