Alkaline Body Strengthening

Training, advice, tips, guidance, experience and inspiration.
tris
Butterfly

Alkaline Body Strengthening

Post by tris » Jun 11th, 04:13

I've spent quite a bit of time these winter months reading up on how to strengthen the body, in all it's forms, while keep the body environment in a clean, alkaline state. Obviously, aerobic conditioning and resistance training are the two biggies. But reading particularly though with resistance training, as some of you may remember some earlier discussions of.

I'm wanting to start writing about these things in various outlets and think here would be a good place to include.

But, alas, without demand there is no value, without value there is no direction, without direction there is no point.

Are there any particular things people want to know about staying alkaline, and exercise in all its' forms?
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
aldiemincey
Caterpillar

How soon during transition should one exercise?

Post by aldiemincey » Jun 11th, 04:26

I'm in the last phase of the transition (i.e., 5-6 wks post-cleanse). Should I wait until the completion of the transition before I resume my workout routine (aerobics + interval resistance training 4days/wk)?

How will I know if I've exercised too much, beyond my acid threshold?

Tris, good on you for breathing life into this branch of the forum. I'm sure in will pour questions and comments from others. Cheers.
tris
Butterfly

Re: How soon during transition should one exercise?

Post by tris » Jun 11th, 08:36

aldiemincey wrote:Should I wait until the completion of the transition before I resume my workout routine (aerobics + interval resistance training 4days/wk)?
It's usually recommended to rest the body during a cleanse (the body is under enough stress and general lack of energy), but that's in the context of a cleanse that is a week long. In the last phase over a long-term process, I would say it is fine to go back into it.
aldiemincey wrote: How will I know if I've exercised too much, beyond my acid threshold?
As a general rule, aerobic exercise is alkalizing as long as you are staying under the anaerobic zone. You may also want to consider your lactate over long-term as the chemical is very acidic.
It's your health, are you eating the best alkaline foods? Acid Alkaline Food Chart
diabeatit
Egg

Post by diabeatit » Oct 7th, 02:36

I 2nd that question. How can I know I am under the "anaerobic zone"? I like to cycle a lot but sometimes wonder if the long distances and occasional big hill are too much from an alkalizing point of view.
diabeatit
Egg

anaerobic zone

Post by diabeatit » Oct 7th, 02:53

OK, I think I found the answer. The aerobic zone is 70%-80% and the anaerobic zone is 80%-90%. So hitting 80% will be your threshold.
To calculate, you must know your maximum heart rate (MHR) and your resting heart rate (RHR) and then apply to this formula:
Anaerobic threshold = (MHR - RHR) * 80% + RHR

So if your MHR is 180 and your RHR is 60 beats per minute it will calculate like this:
anaerobic threshold = (180 - 60) * 80% + 60
= 120 * 0.8 + 60
= 96 + 60
= 156 beats per minute
So the ideal alkalizing exercising heart rate for a person with these numbers would be from 144 to 156 beats per minute, where 144bpm is the 70% calculation.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Oct 7th, 16:03

If you have a rhythmic aptitude, your pulse can be felt by applying fingertip pressure to the soft area in the middle of the front of the neck and the side, and compared with the ticking seconds of a watch. A more convenient but slightly more difficult way is to measure the pressure on the up-turned wrist. The easiest way to measure your wrist is to wrap your dominant hand around the top side of your other arm's wrist - and your fingertips reach should rest parallel to your middle finger down to the outside of your wrist. Your index and middle finger should hear the rhythmic bump.

Electronically, you can buy a heart-rate monitor. These things are great if you run on a regular basis. But if you make the investment, get one that measures from your chest.
tris
Butterfly

Post by tris » Oct 15th, 15:52

I personally cannot provide any information with conviction because I have been convinced this approach is not necessary.
satx78218
Egg

Post by satx78218 » Nov 3rd, 21:28

chia and amaranth are little known grains of very high nutritive value.

I get chia cheapest here:

http://www.chiaseedandoil.com/chiacart/ ... ucts_id=31

And then there is powdered egg white for all kinds of good stuff:

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/index. ... gQodincgZg

Americans are obsessed/paranoid about protein and germs. An adult actually needs very few grams of protein per day. Too much protein stresses the body, esp the kidneys.
res19mbx
Caterpillar

Alkaline advice

Post by res19mbx » Nov 26th, 20:58

Hi,
I am so happy you are offering help. I have severe acid reflux with chest pain so I started eating alkaline. The problem now is I am going to the bathroom too much, having lots of gas and losing more weight. I am down to 100 lbs and I am 5'5. I really need some good direction. I also have very low energy and am finding I am starving throughout the day. What do I replace chicken with that will give me enough energy to last until my mid morning snack?
Thank you for your time and help
Warmest Regards :)
res19mbx
Caterpillar

Post by res19mbx » Nov 27th, 01:09

Thanks for your help. I am looking for a breakfast recipe. I am allergic to beans based on my skin allergy testing so I am reluctant but maybe I could try white, navy beans.
I would like you to evaluate my meals from today.

Breakfast-
Cucumber, tomato, chicken and potatoes

Snack-Shake with half avocado, 2TB whey protein powder, 2 cups rice dream milk, frozen mangoes, and one banana

Lunch-
chicken, potatoes, asparagus, chicken broth

Snack-
tuna, vegennaise, tomatoes, cucumbers, potato bread

Dinner-
chicken, chicken broth, cucumber, potato

I appreciate any feedback and better filling recipe ideas.
Thank you for your time and help
Warmest Regards :)
redballoon
Chrysalis

Post by redballoon » Feb 10th, 23:33

Thanks for this thread. I have always heavy weight training and am only now realizing the effect of this on my acid levels.
suz, thanks for the veg hint. It sounds good.
Also, a question. I drink a lot of soy milk, unprocessed, no sugar or anything. Now, I'm reading that soy milk is bad. I love the stuff. Don't really want to go back to milk. Don't have access to rice milk (not affordable or practical access, that is).
Do you really think I have to cut out the soy? I can if I have to. Or, is there a reasonable level I can have? I love making my super oatmeal mix cereal with it and I also have been using it in a green drink of mine.
Thoughts, please.
redballoon
Chrysalis

Post by redballoon » Feb 11th, 00:12

Thanks, Ceci. I had never even heard of sprouted soy. Don't think I can get it here and like I said, ordering things from overseas is COSTLY! I've started adding flax seed oil to my green drink. It's hard to find that here as well as seeds. In fact, it's hard to find anything here without it being very expensive or low-grade.
I have a hard time deciding what's "in moderation." I have a extremely busy lifestyle and have to stick to routines as much as possible, which reduces variety I know. But, it's part of the reason I got sick in the first place. It became nearly impossible without extreme effort to eat in a healthful manner. Anyone who thinks Tokyo life is healthy, wow...no way.
AlexandraG
Caterpillar

which exercise is right for me?

Post by AlexandraG » Jul 20th, 12:00

Hello! I am 27, 5'2" and cycle approximately 2 times a week, usually for longer than half an hour but would like to cycle more. I practise yoga everyday for minimum of 10 mins and do situps/ pressups 3 times a week. I walk alot and have short bursts of jogging here and there throughout the week.

I now eat raw food 80% diet and have been getting lots of energy from this recently. I would love to do taichi once a week, which I shall begin in the next week or so. I am recovering from candida and sebborhoeic dermatitus slowly and other things.

How much exercise do you think that I should be doing and ideally what?

Thanks
amgeorgiou