Chris - Continuing My Journey to Great Health

How good has being alkaline been to you? Wanna tell everyone where you started from and where you ended up? Post your before and after pics here to encourage others!
cbward114
Caterpillar

Chris - Continuing My Journey to Great Health

Post by cbward114 » Aug 27th, 07:22

When I found out 3 years ago that I had colon cancer, I immediately knew that I would begin what I should have begun long ago....good nutrition. I started with the Hallelujah Diet of raw vegetable juices and raw foods for 80% of my diet as well as the supplements recommended by Hallelujah for cancer protocol. My oncologist was not happy with me for refusing chemotherapy, but he supported me fully and did regular blood work. Thank God, I have been cancer free for three years! I had eliminated sugar and refined foods but "fell off the wagon" about a year ago for about 6 months. What a difference in the way I felt after re-introducing sugar and refined food! It was horrible, and I gained about 20 lbs of the 40 I had lost following colon surgery. In January 2013, I renewed my efforts to eliminate sugar and refined food. I do lots of reading about nutrition. I realized that I probably have a sensitivity to gluten. Sure enough, after eliminating gluten, my muscle aches have diminished, I have more energy, and I have lost about 10 lbs. In the meantime, I have read about a more alkaline diet....which is also a focus of the Hallelujah Diet I started on three years ago. However, through this web site and others, I have learned even more about alkaline nutrition. I look forward to putting it to use and being healthy for many years to come.