Bev Anne's Journey to Health

How good has being alkaline been to you? Wanna tell everyone where you started from and where you ended up? Post your before and after pics here to encourage others!
bevanne
Egg

Bev Anne's Journey to Health

Post by bevanne » Aug 22nd, 02:37

Before:
I have just started the Acid Alkaline Course. I have been on a nearly vegan way of eating for several months -- I also eat lowcarb and have been avoiding nearly all starchy foods. However I just returned from 2 1/2 weeks of eating in restaurants and having meat to keep my carbs low -- however I managed to only gain 1 pound in that time which was definitely a positive. I have recently added black rice to my diet because I have heard that it is good for diabetes that is the only grain that I normally consume -- I find that even quinoa raises my blood sugar and maybe the black rice is responsible for my high blood sugar reading this morning. My weight this morning was 291.2 and my morning blood sugar was 17.9 which is way too high. The only prescription med that I am on at the moment is Metformin 500 mcg's daily. I will get my A1c test done on Friday.